Fino Tapas Lytham Review

 Recently I was invited to the new Fino Tapas branch in Lytham with the original opening in Preston during 2018. If you're local to the area im certain you'd have heard of them by now because in the years they've been open they've gained a positive reputation. If I'm being honest I've never heard anyone say a bad word about them, and tasting the food it's pretty clear why. 



 We booked our table for 4:30pm on a Friday, with it being a Friday I expected it to get really busy and service to be a little slow but I couldn't have been more wrong. When we first arrived it was nice and quiet with a couple of other tables in but by the time we left over 2 1/2 hours later (don't know how that's even possible in a tapas restaurant) the restaurant was much fuller but the service was still exceptional. Now I know you're probably thinking because we got invited the service we had is probably better at some places it is but here the staff weren't aware until right at the end, so we were the same as anyone else there. On top of the service being practically perfect, the atmosphere of the restaurant was extremely relaxed and friendly so you instantly feel relaxed there making it a really pleasant experience. It also helps that it's absolutely beautiful inside. 

 Now on to the good stuff, the food! If I'm honest I looked at the menu beforehand and thought it was all pretty well priced apart from a handful of things for example the hummous .I though £5 for hummous was a little much compared to the usual £3/£4 you'd pay at most other places, obviously I still ordered it because it's hummous and I love it. When it arrived we completely changed our minds. The amount of hummous and pitta bread you got was easily enough for two people and both tasted so fresh. My original plan for the visit was to try every potato dish on the menu but the portion sizes of everything are very generous and I only ended up trying two but from the two that I tried were some of the best potato dishes I've ever tried, and if you follow my Instagram you'll know how much i love anything involving potatoes. 

When we went I'd recently got over covid so I was struggling with tasting food but everything was bursting with flavour and I was able to taste everything and enjoy it. There was a lot on the menu that I'd never tried before. I wouldn't say I'm a fussy eater but I am fussy with the texture of my food which only got worse after covid with not being able to taste. I did try glazed pig's cheeks and roasted squash puree, I expected to be a little freaked out by the texture but the meat was so soft it just melted in your mouth. If you've never tried pig's cheek before I would definitely recommend you try it if you pay Fino a visit. Zoe did try the black pudding and said it was amazing but I'd already tried two new foods and black pudding wasnt my vibe that day so I gave it a miss. 

My favourite of the two had to be potatoes in spicy tomato sauce with alioli. The sauce on the potatoes was so fresh and full of flavour, I could happily eat 5 portions of it. My favourite dish we ordered was easily the garlic and chilli prawns. Like the rest of the food the prawns were incredibly fresh and they had a nice kick to them. I also dipped some of the potatoes in the left over sauce from the prawns and I wish it was on the menu. After all of this we also got a meat platter but didn't even manage half, everything was so filling I felt like I was about to pop. 


So if you happen to be in Lytham or Preston and are looking for somone amazing to eat Fino Tapas is definetly the place to go. The portion sizes are so generous for the money and everything was packed with flavour and fresh. They also have a lunch menu that's 3 tapas for £12.33 Monday-Friday 12-4, so it's even better value. I also have to mention the cocktail menu which again is great value for money. I had the Gin Hibisus I will warn you it tastes like juice and goes down far too easy but after two I was feeling it a little, I'd go back just for the cocktails £8.55 to get tipsy after two ?! Bloody marvelous. I wish I'd got more pictures of the inside of the resturant because it's so beautiful, and they have so many places perfect for picture unfortunatly I ate my bodyweight in food and waddled my way out before taking pictures but I will be going back!! Honestly I can't reccomend it enough, my friend already booked to come again on the walk back to the car two streets away. 

Comments