Franksters Blackburn Review

Recently I was invited down to Frankster’s in Blackburn to try out their burgers, I was given a plus one so I invited a friend to come with me who’s a vegetarian so we could try a range of things from the menu. When we arrived the staff were really friendly, I was expecting it to feel more fast food from its Instagram but it’s definitely a nice place to sit in with friends for a chilled meal. It’s nothing spectacular or fancy but it is a really nice relaxed diner kind of vibe, perfect for grabbing a quick burger with friends.

The menu has a variety of burgers to pick from and I chose the hot chick burger, which is a spicy chicken filter burger with cheese, lettuce, Franksters sauce and gherkins with cheesy house fries and Hannah got a veggie burger with cheesy crinkle fries. They also have things like peri peri chicken, chicken wings, lamb chops and salads on the menu along with a wide range of milkshakes and ice creams to pick from. 

I’ll start off with my food, honestly I can’t fault it, the burger was fresh and full of flavour, I don’t know if it was the sauce or the chicken but something had a really nice kick to it, it wasn’t too spicy but just enough to make your mouth tingle a little. The best part of the meal was hands down the cheesy fries, the cheese sauce was hands down the best cheese sauce I’ve ever had, it was what you’d expect the cheese sauce to be when you get nachos at the cinema but without the disappointment. The fries were a big portion and it was absolutely covered in the sauce they weren’t stingy with it at all,  I’d happily go back just for the sauce. If I’m being completely honest I’ve not stopped thinking about the cheese sauce, putting that on the spicy burger would be absolute perfection. At the end of my meal I tried a biscoff milkshake which was easily the best biscoff milkshake I’ve had, it was like eating the spread straight from the jar but just less sickly. Overall my food was really good, everything was fresh, super tasty and was served pretty quick and big portions!

Now on to Hannah’s veggie meal, we were both a little disappointed with the lack of vegetarian options on the menu, you could only get a veggie burger or fries and that was it for food. It’s not difficult to find good veggie burgers or vegetarian options these days but unfortunately the veggie burger just wasn’t it, it reminded us both of a frozen veggie burger you’d get from the supermarket which was pretty disappointing with there being so many meat alternatives available you'd expect something a little better or even some more options. Hannah did agree that the chips were amazing and that the cheese sauce is 10/10 but again the lack of options was a bit of an issue. Hannah finished off her food with a tango ice blast and you can’t really go wrong then an ice blast can you. 

So all in all, if you’re a meat eater I would definitely recommend trying out Franksters, the foods fresh, seasoned amazing and good value for what you pay. But if you’re vegetarian I’d say to give it a miss unless they added some variety to the menu. 


Comments