Wedding Guest Outfit Ideas


Recently I went to a wedding with Matt and I really struggled at first to find a nice dress for the wedding. I knew it'd be a long day so I didn't want a tight fitted dress, but more of a less fitted dress, which seemed to be near impossible. I found that a lot of online shops favoured bodycon, figure-hugging dresses, these would have been ok if they weren't all as revealing, I didn't want a dress that I could wear on a night out I wanted something a little bit more conservative. In the end I was left with about four options one of them also being a jumpsuit which I love, I think jumpsuits work really well for weddings.
 I'll start off with the jumpsuit, it's from a brand called Clubllondon, they sell some amazing pieces on the site and the jumpsuit has always been one of my favourite pieces they do. A jumpsuit is a great alternative to wearing a dress for a wedding, it's really easy to dress up a plain jumpsuit to make it look more stylish. This particular jumpsuit is off the shoulder with a ruched mesh arm detailing and flared bottoms which add a bit of drama to the jumpsuit. I think the added detailing to the all-black jumpsuit definitely makes it look more stylish and expensive, which makes it perfect for a wedding. If I did wear it to the wedding I would have paired it with my Gucci belt, Gucci bag and some black and gold heels. I think adding the bag and belt that has gold features adds a little bit of colour to the jumpsuit and makes it look more suitable for a wedding. The gold detailing would look great with hold jewellery and a more natural nude makeup look. Another thing I love about the jumpsuit is that the off the shoulder detailing allows you to wear a couple of different hairstyles with it, having your hair down would look great and so would an updo.



The next look is a Chi Chi London dress, this is definitely more of a fancy/dressy style for a wedding, the dress would also be perfect for the races and for prom. I really liked the print of this dress and thought it would be perfect for a wedding, I would definitely try and dress it down a little bit and would have opted for more muted accessories, black shoes and a black clutch bag would go great with it. I do think this dress can be a little risky as its such an out-there dress and it more on the prom dress side so you don't want to dress it up too much. Again as this dress is strapless it allows you to play around with your hair, having your hair down would look great with this dress as would having it up. Chi Chi London has a variety of dresses that are perfect for wedding guest looks, head to their website or Instagram to see them. 

The next dress is the actual dress I wore for the wedding, it took me literally over a month to find a dress and multiple shopping trips but I found one I loved in the end and it was from NewLook, I love mustard coloured clothes so obviously I had to get it in mustard. They also had it in a couple of other colours. I loved how the dress fit, it wasn't figure-hugging but it still made my waist look good and hid how bloated I got after all the food. The only negative I have to say about the dress is that it showed up the slightest mark, if my glass touched the dress there was an instant patch and when it dried it left a mark. I'd still highly recommend the dress even if it does show up marks, I had so many compliments on the dress on the day and after I posted some pictures. I felt comfortable all day and it was the perfect dress for dancing. I paired the dress with black heels that had gold detailing, my black and gold Gucci bag, a black headband and gold jewellery. 

These were just a couple of option that ended up being my final options for the wedding I attended, let me know what you think of the options and what you'd wear to a wedding. 
My Links:
Instagram@styledbyrosiep


Comments