I Tried Wearing A Midi Skirt

As someone who has large hips, I tend to avoid floaty midi skirts as they tend to make my hips look wider and my legs shorter which leaves me feeling frumpy and uncomfortable in the skirt. I decided as they've circled back around in fashion I'd try giving them a go again and I was actually really surprised.

I decided I'd try two different styles of midi skirts, one more figure-hugging and one that has a more floaty fit to it. The first skirt I bought was from PrettyLittleThing, it's a high waisted snakeskin midi skirt that has slit detailing on one side of the skirt. The top of the skirt is more figure-hugging while the bottom of the skirt is floaty which is perfect for warmer weather. The material is the skirt is really soft and has some stretch to it which makes the skirt really comfortable to wear. The print on the skirt and the slit detailing mean the skirt can be dressed up for a night out or cocktails but can also be dressed down with a plain top and trainers. This skirt really changed my opinion on midi skirts and for £15 I will definitely be ordering it in other shades.


The second skirt was a floaty style midi skirt and again I was really surprised at how much I liked it. I think out of the two I do prefer the first as it had a lot of stretch to it but although the second is more floaty it doesn't have any stretch around the waist which means it's not as comfortable when layering with other pieces. Like the first skirt, this skirt can be dressed up and down by simply wearing trainers or heels with a plain top. 



Overall, my opinion on midi skirts has definitely changed and I think I'll definitely be purchasing more for the upcoming summer months.


Comments