I Tricked My Boyfriend Into Getting A Kitten: Part 2

If you've read my previous blog post about getting my little kitten Mishka you'll know that we accidentally ended up with her after kitten sitting for a week. After having Mishka for less than an hour I knew I was never going to give her back because I was so in love with her. She's the most loving kitten I have ever met, and it broke my heart she was being passed from house to house because of her irresponsible owner. I constantly sent Matt pictures and videos of her while he was at work, I would make him hold her so she would snuggle into him when he was at home and let her sleep in the bed with her. By the end of the week, Matt was attached to Mishka so when he got a phone call saying she no longer had a home he didn't even ask me if I wanted to keep her and said we would anyway. When Matt told me, we were keeping her I was so happy, I cried the night before at the idea of her going to live with someone else and even searched online to find a kitten that looked like her to send back in her place. For a couple of months, it was just Mishka and everything was amazing, she's still the most caring, friendly and playful kitten ever, it's impossible not to meet her and instantly fall in love with her. 

 In early October my friend posted some kittens on her snap chat that needed a new home and I fell in love with them all, so I sent a picture to Matt and was adamant I wanted one because Mishka needed a friend. At first, he said no but obviously I wouldn't take no for an answer so I nagged him while he was at work and as soon as he got home, I wouldn't shut up about him. It took about an hour of Matt being home for him to give in and agree to get Macaroni. So, while Matt went off to training/ coaching (he coaches free-running) I went to my friends ready to meet little Macaroni. The kittens were my friends’ uncles so I and my friend went to go and get him, as soon as I got there, I instantly fell in love with him. He was sat at the top of the stairs in a cat house, so I picked him up and he snuggled into me. I took him downstairs and put him down to watch him play and he ran back over to me straight away and sat under my legs. I was told he was more playful than cuddly and that this was the first time he'd done this with anyone so obviously I cried. I think it was a sign he was supposed to come home with me. I took Macaroni to the gym Matt was coaching at so he could drive us home, while at the gym everyone there fell in love with him and he was so friendly and just chilled next to me in his carry case meowing at everyone who went past for attention.
When we introduced the kittens, I was nervous as Mishka had never been around other kittens since she was taken from her mum fat too early. I was really surprised by Mishka's reaction to Mac, obviously it wasn't all perfect straight away, but she took about an hour to stop hissing and puffing up at him. She did continue to try and bop him on the head when he tried to play with her, but she was never aggressive towards him and was soft and gentle with him. After two days Mishka wouldn't leave him alone, she took him in like she was her own kitten, constantly cuddling him and cleaning him, she'd even wait and let him eat first. 

Now about four months on Mishka and Macaroni are the best of friends, we constantly find them snuggled up sleeping together and they play together all the time. Both kittens are so cuddly, it's impossible not to love them, they love going out in their harnesses and no matter who they meet everyone just loves them. Me and Matt are sooo lucky to have ended up with such friendly loving kittens. 

So, if you want to trick your boyfriend into getting you a pet bombard them with cute pictures of the pets because they'll eventually fall in love with them, well at least that's what works for me. 
My Links:
Instagram@styled_by_rosiep

Collaboration enquiries: styledbyrosiep@gmail.com  



Comments