Bring&Mix: Manchester's hottest cocktail experience


Recently I got to visit a lovely little speakeasy called Bring&Mix. The concept of Bring&Mix is a really interesting idea which I've never seen before. Like it says in the name you bring your own alcohol and they mix you a variety of cocktails. When I first heard about the bar I was really interested in the concept as I hadn't heard of a cocktail bar that asked you to bring your own spirits before. I think the concept is a really great idea and in the end, because it wasn't a typical pick from the menu cocktail bar I ended up trying a variety of cocktails that I would never have tried if I was given a menu. The best thing about taking your own alcohol is that you can take spirits that you know you'll enjoy, they also ask what kind of cocktails you like so it's unlikely you'll dislike a drink.
As the bar isn't in the centre of Manchester Matt decided to drive instead of taking public transport as we'd be travelling from Preston, although it's still pretty easy to get to via public transport. With Matt driving, he stuck to mocktails all night but still had as much fun as I did. Every time a drink was made for us the staff would take their time to explain each drink and the difference between the mocktails and the cocktails as they tried to make them similar. The second round of cocktails they made me two of the same cocktails but after the first I decided I didn't fancy two of the same and they were more than happy to fix me up something else, I thought they would throw the drink away and start again but they actually added to it and changed it up a little, it ended up going from my least favourite drink to my favourite drink of the night and without any waste. 
At one point in the night, they asked Matt what he usually drinks and he told them he usually drinks beer, this lead to two of the mixologists working together to try and replicate a mocktail that would resemble beer. They experimented and were able to replicate a non-alcoholic drink that tasted exactly like beer the first try. It was obvious that the guys loved what they were doing and were extremely good at their job. They made the night such a great experience and I can't wait to go again. Since going I've recommended this place to anyone who'd listen, I had such a fun time trying so many different cocktails, we really couldn't fault anything. 
So if you're ever looking for a truly unique experience, Bring&Mix is definitely worth a visit. 
Make sure you check them out: 















My Links:
Instagram@styled_by_rosiep

Collaboration enquiries: styledbyrosiep@gmail.com  

Comments