I Quit My Job To Blog

Since I first started my blog I've always worked, I enjoy working but recently I've really started to enjoy blogging a lot more. Lately I've had more opportunities offered to me but I've had to turn some away due to them clashing with my work. I've started to really love blogging and I found it extremely difficult to turn down these amazing opportunities so I finally decided I don't want to miss out on them anymore and work on my blog full time so I quit my job.

My intentions for this post aren't to glamorise blogging and to make it seem easy, or to make it seem like it's this thing that's guaranteed to make you money,it isn't something you can jump straight into or make money off easily. I've been working on my blog for almost two years now and the first year I didn't make a single penny and received a handful of gifted items to promote which I was extremely grateful for. I spent a lot of time emailing companies and trying to find different companies to work with, 9 times out of 10 I wouldn't even get an email back. At times getting no reply was worse than getting an email that said the company didn't want to work with you, it can be really disheartening to be rejected or ignored but it makes it even more satisfying when you get to work with companies and even better when a company contacts you to work with them. Unlike most bloggers I don't work with any management agencies, Pr companies or anything like that at the moment so when I do work with brands I do it all solo, which for someone with very little experience it can be really hard at times. I haven't got a clue on things like what I should charge if I do a paid post, if the deal is good the brands offering, nothing like that but I get to work with brands I love so I'm not too fussed, I know it's something I'll get to learn along the way and I'm sure people will help me with.

Although I have worked really hard to build my blog, I definitely could have worked harder, which in the long run is why I wanted to leave my job I want to put the same amount of time I was putting in at work into my blog instead because at the moment I don't put anywhere near as much time into my blog as I do work. To be able to do this I've saved money and I have a super supportive boyfriend who I know will help me with everything. I know it'll be a difficult thing to do to turn my blog into a business/ full time job but I'm excited to give it a go and see what the future has to offer for my blog! I want to bring you all along with me and keep you all updated on things I'm doing along the way. So if you guys have any helpful tips or have any ideas on what you'd like me to blog about let me know!!


My Links:
Instagram@styled_by_rosiep

Collaboration enquiries: styledbyrosiep@gmail.com 

Comments