Favourite Met Gala Looks

The met gala is one of my favourites when it comes to the fashion, it’s the perfect time for celebs to wear eccentric styles and to just go all out, sexy doesn’t really matter to some which personally I love. It’s fashion’s biggest night of the year and this years theme was “Heavenly Bodies: Fashion and the Catholic Instiute”. This choice of theme meant there was a lot of religious Imagery, bold head pieces and lots of crosses. I thought I’d share some of my favourite looks from this years Met Gala with you.


One of my favourite looks is this Versace suit worn by Chadwick Boseman. I love the combination of gold and white together, the gold really makes a statement. The overall look is probably my favourite look of the evening. I think he really nailed the theme and his outfit resembles a more stylish version of a priest or the pope.



The next look is worn by Trevor Noah, the tuxedo was a custom designed Balmain piece. I love how simple the design is but it still went well with the theme of the night. The jeweled cross fits really well with the catholic theme but it isn't too over the top it's nice and elegant.

Cardi B stunned at her first appearance at the Met Gala. She stunned in a plunging beaded gown, with a matching headpiece. The dress put her baby bump out on display but unlike some past pregnant gowns at the met gala it looked phenomenal and the dress really complimented her changing body.
Another look I'm loving from the night is this Balmain dress wore by Natasha Poly. The silhouette of the dress is amazing, it complements her figure while highlighting her natural curves. The actual design on the dress reminds me off all the intricate detailing and artwork you'd find inside the Vatican, which is a catholic church located in Rome.
Of course Blake Lively is one of my favourite looks, she never fails to look flawless on the red carpet. Her dress is a Versace piece and I'm obsessed with every piece of it. The train on the dress has to be mt favourite part,I'm a big fan of dramatic looks and I think the train on this particular dress adds the perfect amount of drama. The patterns on the dress and the colour scheme of red and gold fits well with the nights theme, along with the gold halo she styled with the dress.
Zendaya always looks perfect, she could probably get away with wearing a rubbish bag and still look amazing. This particular look threw me back to Zayn and Gigi's 2016 Met Gala look. Her custom metallic Versace dress was inspired by Saint Joan of Arc
Kim Kardashian hasn't always looked her best on the Met Gala red carpet hitting a lot of worst dressed lists in 2013 for her floral dress when she was pregnant with her first child, but this year she looked simple yet beautiful. Her dress wasn't as bold and dramatic as others who attended, but although simple it still looked amazing. The dress compliments her curvy figure and emphasises her tiny waist. 


 I thought I'd save one of the best till last and of course it's Rihanna. Without fail every year she nails the theme, a lot of people always say she goes over the top but personally I think that's the whole point of the Met Gala, its meant to be an evening celebrating fashion and to benefit the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute. The fashion you wear on the night is meant to be eccentric and a sort of costume, it isn't meant to be subtle and Rihanna really captures that with her looks each year. Her look this year was insanely beautiful, it clearly fits the theme of the evening and isn't at all subtle.

What were you favourite looks of the night?


Instagram: @Styled_by_rosiep


Comments