Primark Kim K Dupe

Over the past couple of years Primark have been releasing makeup and recently they released a highlight and contour kit which is can be compared to the contour kits released by Kim Kardashian. I wasn't expecting much from the kit with it only being £8 but I was actually surprised by the quality of the products. 
My first impressions of the kit were neutral I didn't have any high expectations, although I was a fan of the packaging. I love the simple nude tones of the products and how sleek they looked. Since they were realised they have been compared to Kim Kardashian's contour kits which I totally understand. The packaging is similar to that of Kim K's but it isn't as sleek, it doesn't have the overall finish that Kim K's does. 
When I first purchased the set I thought the brush/sponge due applicator was going to be useless, the bristles looked too long and like they wouldn't actually move blend or apply any makeup. I thought the bristles would work a lot better if they were shorter, when I used the applicator I realised I was wrong, both the sponge and the brush are great applicators. I'm not one for using beauty blenders but the sponge applicator made it super easy to blend in the contour, I used the brush to finish off the blending of the creams to make sure it was even and fully blended and it created a great even finish. 
My favourite piece from the set is 100% the brow highlighter. it's super creamy and the colour is perfect. I actually ended up using the brow highlight on my cheeks as a normal highlighter which looked amazing. I'm really particular with the highlighters I use, I don't tend to wear ones that a too light but at the same time I don't really like highlighters that are too dark or golden which makes it a little difficult to actually find one I love. This is one reason why I tend to use powdered highlighter instead of a cream or liquid. Both highlighters in the set are great and are super creamy, I didn't expect them to be so creamy I actually expected it to be difficult to get any product from the stick because when you actually look at the product they look cheap are almost like plastic. They reminded me of the cheap little lipsticks you'd get when you were little that you'd get no product from but I was wrong. I could go on and on about how much I love the highlighter but I'll stop now before I dont stop. 
As much as I love the set the only negative I have to say about the products is the shade of the more orange concealer. I did use the product but the only reason I was actually able to use it was because I was wearing fake tan which was darker than dark. My fake tan didn't exactly go to plan and was more orange when I would have prefered it to be bronze. 


So all in all I would recommend the set to anyone, and for a dupe of Kim K's contour kit I'd definitely say it's a great dupe which doesn't break the bank. For £8 you can't really go wrong with purchasing the kit.



Comments