Body Positivity

"I think truly loving yourself is one of the hardest things we as humans can do. We live in a society that literally profits from our self-doubt and insecurities. Women in particular are judged by their looks [whether] they are in the spotlight or not. We've subconsciously been shaped by the notion that we can only base our self-worth on how people positively or negatively decide to see us." Sasha Pieterse. 

These days the majority of individuals have a lot of negatives views when it comes to their bodies so I thought i'd do a little something that embraces the fact that everyone is different but everyone is still beautiful! I'm lucky enough to be friends with a lot of people who are all different shapes, sizes, ages and ethnicities. I wanted to do a little something to highlight what other people see in others so I sent the pictures to a number of people, some I know personally and some that I met online. I didn't tell them the comment needed to be positive i just asked for their opinion on the individual and what stands out about them. It made me so happy that all the responses were positive! So here are some of the comments I received back.


Nas
"I wasn't a fan of the idea of women being so muscular but she's changed my opinion. She looks so natural and lady like but still looks like she could kick your ass and I LOVE that!"

"She should be proud of her body, shes clearly put a lot of time into getting it like that and the look really works for her. She looks healthy and happy. I'm also a big fan of the pose."7

"YESSSSS!! YESSSSS!! YESSSS!! I am obsessing over the fact she's looking killer with such big muscles. Does she train others? Can she make me look so bad ass and toned because my lazy arse cant"











Daisy 
"She looks so happy. She has a really beautiful smile and you can't help but smiling because she is."

"She could give the Kardashians a run for their money. There's something about her that just screams confidence, I dont know why but I just feel happier looking at them. I hoe she realises how amazing her figure is. I'd kill to look half as good"

"His jaw looks like it would cut you... Like in a good way... A jaw that can cut is a good jaw"

"You can only see half his hair but I bet it's mint and his dress sense is on point" 

leanne
"loving the lipcolour and the outfit. She's killing it. Well done girl"

"I love her figure it's so curvy and sexy. Her style is bang on" 

"Big Hair don't care!! She's looking good" 

Maryam 
"I dont know where to start, she's so unbelievably beautiful, her makeup is flawless and her outfits are traditional but bold and stylish"

"I'm so jealous of her skin it looks perfect. Its clear there not photoshopped yet shes still this perfect" 

"All I need to say is look a those eyebrows!!!! Can I have them?"

These are just a handful of the comments I received back, no one single person above looks a like yet everyone commented on how beautiful each individual is. Something we all seem to forget is that were not a like and no one is perfect, we all have things about ourselves we don't like but we should embrace these flaws because thats who we are. What you think is a flaw someone else thinks is beauty. So to you, whoever is reading this I hope you realise how truly unique and beautiful you are no matter what. 



Comments