Makeup Brush Dupe Test

You hear time and time again about makeup product dupes but never much about makeup brush dupes so I thought I would put it to the test. I took to the internet to find off brand replica's of peoples favourite brands such as real technique. I then put the brushes to the test against the real things. So here's what I found.

All three sets of brushes were identical to the real brushes to the point that now as I'm writing this I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the real and fakes in my brush stand if I went over to them. My favourite brushes were a set of seven I purchased for a mere £9. They came in rose gold, gold and silver. The only downside being that you couldn't buy all seven in one colour it had to be a mix of the three options. Over all the quality of the brush was amazing to say they only cost £9. I expected to have fall out of the actual brush or for the end to be loose but there was no fall out and the structure of the brush was strong. 

When using the seven piece set the application of makeup was easy and smooth. I didn't feel like i was loosing any product in the brush itself and they left me with a perfect, smooth looking finish. One of the problems i have with most makeup brushes is that I find they can leave the product uneven and heavy which meant it was a pleasant surprise when the dupe brushes didn't. I found that the real branded brushes did leave a slight heavy feel with the makeup unlike the dupes. All in all the seven piece fakes were my favourite in comparison to the real set.


(Seven piece dupe set) 
The second set I purchased was a fake six piece Real Technique set for only £3.60 which in comparison to the real brushes is a real bargain. Honestly if I was to be given a real set and a fake set I wouldn't even be able to tell you which was which. These were the best dupe of any product I've ever seen it was definitely worth the delivery wait. The hairs on the brush were so delicate and soft I just wanted to sit there are stroke my face with the brushes, lets be serious though, I don't think anyone hasn't thought this about a makeup brush before. The brushes glided across your skin so smooth its like stroking your face with a cloud no exaggeration needed. Both the fake brushes and the real brushes were 10/10 for me. I will definitely be purchasing more of both in the future. If you're on a strict budget I would highly recommend the dupes but also the real brushes as they aren't too pricey for the quality. Both of the brushes also washed well going back to a brand new state after washing. No hairs were shed when they were washed nor was any softness lost which can be difficult to find after you wash makeup brushes.

(dupes)
The final set of copies I purchased were unicorn horn brushes that some brands were selling for £60+ which I think is unbelievable for makeup brushes. They better be made with real unicorn hair for that price!! The set I ordered were £20 including express delivery. As you can see from the picture below the brushes are beautiful. I did however find it difficult to actually hold the brushes properly due to them being so thin and bumpy. I wouldn't put these brushes in my top three of any brushes I've ever owned. I found the real and fake really difficult to work with. I think once I get the hang of how to hold them without them feeling uncomfortable i'll really love them but for now i'm undecided. the actual application of makeup was great they were really smooth against the skin and blended my makeup so it looked amazing. It also make my makeup feel really light which is always a positive when it comes to brushes. I found that as the brushes are white cleaning them was difficult as they never got back to a nice crisp white so they don't look as good as they first did. 

(Dupes)

So to conclude this makeup brush test, you really don't need to be forking out stupid prices for branded brushes when you can get unbranded for more than half the price that are just as good or in some cases even better. Ask yourself do you really want to be paying for a name on the brush or would you rather pay for quality?

Comments

  1. I love the pictures you've used for this blog post really pretty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment