Second Hand Steals

For the past few years I've loved routing through charity shops and different sites such as depop to find amazing pieces that you know you won't find anywhere else. You can walk into a charity shop and find one of pieces and trends that date back years but have come round and are back in again.

You never know what you'll find.

I know growing up their was always a stigma attached to people who shopped in charity shops but now it's more accepted. Some people still attach this stigma but its become a wider accepted thing to do. One of the best things about charity shops is you can buy clothing at such a cheap price then spend a little time making them your own. I've spent the past three summers making my own shorts out of jeans. I love doing this because I can cut them to the perfect left, but I can also add a one of design that I know no one will have the same pair. If they go wrong I'm not wasting a tone of money like I would if i had bought a brand new pair of jeans and cut them.

The main reason I love a charity shop or second hand site is you truly get one of pieces that you wont find somewhere else. I love a vintage piece and you know for sure you'll find something. One of my favourite pieces is a green NFL Eagles bomber jacket. It really is amazing.

Here are some does and don's I find useful when finding a second hand steal 
  • DON'T be afraid to go inside a charity shop 
  • DON'T be afraid to shop unisex, male and female clothing gets mixed together all the time!!
  • DO try items on 
  • DON'T imagine what something would look like in your surrounding but in a different setting, charity shops are usually very bland and drab inside which can bring the appeal down on a truly amazing piece 
  • DON'T play it safe! try something new and out your comfort zone. Charity shops are full of bizarre and beautiful pieces so don't be afraid to try both.  
  • DO take a trip somewhere new that it known for being more upper class you know the charity shops will be full of designer steals!



Comments