DIY Fancy Dress On A Budget

If you're anything like me you love fancy dress and Halloween is your favourite time of year. When it comes to costumes buying from costumes stores can be expensive and they can be really generic. One of my favourite costumes I've wore recently would be a fallen angel costume. All the pieces for this costume were bought off Ebay and in total it was over £100 cheaper than buying the pieces from costume shops. This costume included; a black lace corset, two black tutus, black hot pants, black wings, black fishnet tights, black lace gloves, a black halo headpiece, black matte lipstick with silver glitter, black lace up shoes, Black lace choker, black wings and a blag clutch. In total this costume only cost me £46.80 with the most expensive item being the shoes. The final outcome was sexy but edgy. I wore this on a night out which was fancy dress and got compliments the entire night. So if you're looking for a statement costume with a twist this is definitely the outfit for you.
(Fallen Angel costume)

The second costume that I have bought off Ebay is a costume you can wear with a friend and is an extremely easy outfit to put together. The part to this costume I wore was Beyoncé from the 'Feeling Myself' music video with Nicki Minaj. I did change the costume up slightly wearing grey instead of pink. In this music video Beyoncé wears a red Chicago Bulls bodysuit and a pink fur jacket. When looking on Ebay for a cheap fur jacket the best i found was a grey faux fur but it worked perfectly. This costume only cost £30 as i already had the boots I wore. I was worried that the costume would be too revealing but the jacket was a nice length which covered up areas i didn't want on display. I have to say this must have been the easiest costume I've ever thrown together but I've never felt better in a costume, maybe it was just me embracing my inner Beyoncé but I loved it and had the best night. 



Another costume that you can probably find in your wardrobe is a pink ladies costume from Greace the musical. All you need for this outfit is a black dress; black jeans and top or a black skirt along with a pink bomber jacket or even a pink shirt. .You can then write on the back of the shirt or bomber jacket to give it an authentic look. Another look that can be easily replicated from the Greace movie is from the first Greace musical. All you need for a Sandy look is black jeans or disco leggings, black off the shoulder top, a red bandanna or scarf to tie around your neck, a black belt and red heels.You could also add a black bomber jacket and a fake cigarette to complete the look. Again this is a look you can wear as a couple. 

Let me know if you have any DIY fancy dress ideas and tag me in your photos on instagram! Also let me know what you want me to write about next, whether you like post such as this or not.

Comments

  1. Singers are a super easy fancy dress idea which you can pull out from your wardrobe. I'm amazed that this is the first blog I've seen mention this you would think that more blogs would look at that

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Beyonce idea is pretty clever!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment